Restore Your Fluid Spine: Yoga for Back Care and Healthy Aging
Is your Spine Supple? Check out this Yoga U online course taught by Lillah Schwartz.
One of the keys to healthy aging is a supple spine, one that is strong, flexible, balanced, and receptive.Yet by the time we reach the age of 50 or 60, that desirable suppleness may be diminishing. That’s why this course is so valuable!
Over the past two decades, I’ve taught countless students and trained dozens of teachers about the health of the spine. So I was delighted when Yoga U asked me to create a course that focuses on helping the spine become more supple, which can help improve the overall function of the body, relieve the stiffness associated with aging, as well as reduce and prevent back pain.
As a Certified Yoga Therapist by the International Association of Yoga Therapy, my specialty is relieving and preventing back pain; that’s why I wrote Healing Our Backs with Yoga and why I teach so many classes on this topic. Whether you’re new to yoga or are yourself a yoga teacher, you’ll benefit from learning how to nurture a healthy spine and prevent or manage the pain associated with occasional or unresolved back issues.
3 – Part Course
In this 3-part online course, I demonstrate how to retain or re-establish the natural fluidity of the spine so you can enjoy powerful health benefits. In the 2-part lecture section, followed by four 35-minute guided yoga practice sets, we’ll investigate:
- The new research on fascia with the implications for yoga and aging
- The 5 Koshas or layers of self that offer guidance on the interconnectedness of the physical, energetic, mental, and wisdom bodies for self-understanding and overall healing to take place
- The anatomy of the spine and supporting structures
- The physiology of stretching to understand how poses work
- key movement principles to inform the success of your yoga practice
- How to respond when you encounter physical pain in your practice
” I purchased this course and others and love your psoas release and alignment techniques, which I have incorporated into my teaching style. I just wanted to say thank you for what you bring to the yoga community.” ~ Dawn, yoga instructor
Preview the Powerpoint
My Goal for this Course
My goal for this course was to provide you with a vision of yoga, but not just poses, the gestalt or whole view of yoga. What do we need to know to practice yoga authentically, safely, and effectively? What do we need to know that will allow us to connect and make friends with our body? What do we need to know to move toward self-acceptance in yoga and in our life? I hope you will take part in this course to expand your knowledge, stimulate new ways of thinking, and find new ways to practice.
Because I know how the information in this course will deepen your understanding and open the way to becoming your own best healer…. You are receiving a $30 savings over the regular $127 price for this course at Yoga U Online.
Still Thinking About It?
In addition to the insights I trust you’ll gain in this course, I welcome you to read my blog post that explores how the five koshas relate to healing our back pain, at https://yogawithlillah.com/what-about-back-pain-and-stress/
This Premium Course Includes These Bonuses:
- Yoga practice videos: A yoga practice with Lillah designed specifically for this course
- Recordings of All Webinar Sessions: It’s generally acknowledged that many people only retain 10-20 percent of what they learn in a workshop. You will get access to the recordings of all webinar sessions – both MP3 (downloadable) and MP4 (streaming online), enabling you to go back and listen to the workshop as many times as you like.
- Transcripts of All Sessions: Ever wanted to refer to a certain part of a course? Even the best note takers miss a point every so often. With the transcripts of the webinar sessions, you can go back and refer to particularly important passages or clarify sections you were in doubt about.
- This course qualifies for 3 CEU’s with Yoga Alliance
Click to see our recents posts.